I see it's been way too long since I last blogged, but it hasn't been for lack of interest. The pace in the district office is normally quick and takes several directions in the course of a school day. Today, December 29, the building is too quiet as staff and students' voices don't fill the hallways. The bells are shut down as well. The lull is nice, yet oddly quiet, and I don't believe I ever get used to it!
Topics on my mind?
1. Where is the severe winter by which we were supposed to be tormented?
2. Was it one of our students' homes which was destroyed by fire last night in the area? I pray not, but it seems to happen all too often that one of our own is victim to a fire tragedy, especially near the holidays.
3. Hopefully students and staff are safe during the holidays and taking some well deserved time to relax and enjoy family. Many of our students also work, and thankfully their daily schedule will be a bit less hectic now that school has dismissed until January 5.
4. The end of the school year is rapidly approaching, and we can't stop it. Our seniors will be grabbing hold of all the memories they can make in this last semester before the reality of life after high school drops into their laps in May. I know we've prepared them as best we can.
5. 2015 will bring challenges (opportunities in disguise) for CTE and for our district. Prayers for wisdom and guidance and teamwork along the way! I have no doubt that our staff can handle whatever may be ahead.