Superintendent

Superintendent

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Who DOESN'T like "Busy"?

Lots of answers come to mind for that question! But I seem to thrive on "Busy" and this week's schedule proves it. Wednesday is full with one thing after another--(luckily it doesn't start at 7 a.m.). It will be a diverse day, which includes my leading a Vantage alumnus, Aaron Burns and a group of Chinese visitors through Vantage. Aaron's father shared his success story with me a few years ago--Aaron studied in one of our business programs, Interactive Media, I believe, and then went on to work in the graphic arts field for Old Navy, and other companies, using his skills learned at Vantage. His work for some of these large companies landed him in China, where he has lived for a number of years. I will be happy to meet Aaron for the first time tomorrow!

Later in the day is the staff birthday celebration for a few minutes after school, but it is always a chance to sit down and chat with staff. I will have to leave that event by a few minutes after 3 p.m., to attend our Van Wert Area Schools Insurance Group meeting. That will take until 5:30 p.m. probably, and then I have an appointment at 6 p.m., followed by a 7 p.m. Board meeting for the Wassenberg Art Center. I particularly enjoy serving on this Board, and am interested in its renovation of the Armory, for the purpose of relocating the Wassenberg, which has outgrown its original building.

In between appointments and meetings, I am working on securing testimony from area employers, and writing my own, in preparation for the the Governor's Workforce committee, who is meeting in Lima on Feb. 19. I have collected some excellent photos of our students working in their labs, and also of some adult training for area employers, which is vital. I intend to show the pictures and describe briefly what Vantage Career Center means to our students and the community.

As usual, I will make "today matter", as there isn't enough time to get everything done, if I put it off until tomorrow!