Superintendent

Superintendent

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Terrific Week at Vantage!

What a great week!  I was thrilled to be in the audience at our annual FFA banquet on Wednesday evening. . .our Ag Diesel Mechanics students and their instructor, Mike Miller, did a wonderful job planning this year's banquet and officer installation. It was extra special to see our students and teacher using the new stage in our new student commons area for the first time for the purpose of recognizing our students' achievements!  I cannot describe how it felt to watch them on stage and know how far we have come with the construction project in the past year. All the effort has been well worth it!

I was reminded by the guest speaker, our high school director, Bob Vennekotter, as he presented some construction project information to the crowd, that actually the planning for this project started in 2001 or 2002.  For at least the last 10 years, some staff members, and our architects, Garmann-Miller Engineers, Minster, have been working on some aspect of a renovated Vantage Career Center. I am proud to be part of the project, from revising the building plans to passing the bond levy in 2009. I know I have said it before, but I would do it all over again. Seeing our students use our new facility is absolutely wonderful!