Superintendent

Superintendent

Monday, September 13, 2010

September 13, 2010

Is anyone else guilty of taking technology for granted? I would like to blame problems with my laptop and Internet access as the official reason that I was unable to post a blog by last Friday! Unfortunately my weekend schedule didn't allow me enough free time to draft a blog before today. Everytime I reached for the laptop last week, I encountered unsolvable problems. Many thanks to Eric Vennekotter, technology assistant at Vantage, for getting the laptop up and running so that I can continue "running"!

What a weekend! I was able to attend the Wright State Lake Campus annual scholarship awards ceremony on Sunday afternoon in Celina. I represent Van Wert County as a trustee on the Western Ohio Education Foundation board, and 45 students received scholarships for this school year. Congratulations to all of the recipients! I would like to especially recognize Camille Harting, who received a scholarship and will pursue a degree in Early Childhood Education. Camille graduated from Crestview and completed two years in Health Careers at Vantage.

Another worthwhile event was the Delta Kappa Gamma meeting, Beta Eta chapter, at Just Something Different near Ft. Jennings on Saturday. Beining Nursery presented a program on proper care of your trees and plants. DKG is an international sorority for women educators. The meeting was well attended, and it provides me the opportunity to get to know several Putnam, Van Wert, Allen, and Paulding county educators, both retired and currently teaching. BTW--Beining's noted that it is people like me who keep them in business! (I need to make time to water my landscaping and I now know the correct season to trim shrubs!).